New Tattoo Design – Most tattoo artists give their clients a list of instructions for the aftercare of a tattoo with very few details that differ, as certain brands to use as soap, ointment and moisturizer. The its location and size of the tattoo on your body will dictate surely how long it takes to fully heal, but most takes on average two weeks. In addition to a list of things you should do to care for a new tattoo, there are some specific things you should avoid.
- Pour alcohol on a folded piece of paper towel and clean the tattoo done immediately after to prevent infection. The tattoo artist will do this part for you, but it is important that you understand the procedure.
- Place a bandage over the pad tattooed area, leaving no visible portion.
- Place generous amounts of bandage tape around the edges of the pad pair keep firmly pressed against your skin.
- Remove the band as soon as you get home; between faster, better. No band should stay there for more than two hours. Once it is removed, your tattoo should never be bandaged anymore; need to be in direct contact with the air to heal.
- Wash the tattoo immediately after removing the bandage in order to get the new tattoo design. Use warm water to clean the tattoo, but instead of holding the tattooed area under running water, move it into the box using your hands. Rub antibacterial soap on the area and give more water for washing.
- Allow the area to dry, either air or rubbing the area gently with a soft towel. Never rub the area to wash or dry.
- Apply protective ointment to the area. You just need a thin shaper over the area, so you use the ointment sparingly. Your skin can only absorb a certain amount of ointment; if you are using too will stay on the surface and it will stick to everything with which it comes in contact.
- Cleans and spread ointment on the tattoo two or three times a day for three or four days. After that you should keep on washing the tattoo in the manner described, but began to show an ordinary moisturizing lotion on the tattoo area instead of ointment.
Tips and Warnings
It is really necessary to realize that a fresh tattoo is usually an open wound and your body would naturally form a scab to protect the area. The crust leads to a massive loss of ink and will make any tattoo fade. This washing procedure and care is basically done to mimic the actions of a crust so that your body does not naturally form a.
Improper care or lack of care of a new tattoo design can cause loss, fading and disproportionate health and infection. Always have clear care instructions your artist before you leave home.